双语:米歇尔·巴切莱特2020年人权日致辞

    摘要

    Message by Michelle Bachelet for Human Rights Day 2020

    Human Rights Day 2020

    Video Statement by United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet on Human Rights Day 2020

    联合国人权事务高级专员米歇尔·巴切莱特人权日视频讲话

     

    December 10, 2020

    2020年12月10日

     

    This year’s Human Rights Day falls at a time we will never forget.

     

    今年的人权日恰逢一段让我们毕生难忘的时期。

     

    COVID-19 has taken us by storm and shaken our world.

     

    2019 冠状病毒病肆虐,全世界都受到剧烈冲击。

     

    A tragedy followed by an extraordinary opportunity to recover better.

     

    灾难后将迎来复苏并超越从前的难得时机。

     

    This Human Rights Day is a call to action.

     

    今年的人权日发出行动的号召。

     

    A call for all of us to seize this opportunity and build the world we want.

     

    号召所有人抓住契机,建设我们渴望的世界。

     

    For that, we must accept the lessons from this crisis.

     

    为此,我们一定要汲取这场危机的教训。

     

    First one: end discrimination of any kind. Like pre-existing conditions that make individuals more fragile, gaps in respecting human rights have made all of society more vulnerable. If anyone is at risk, everyone is at risk. Discrimination, exclusion and other human rights violations harm us all.

     

    一:结束任何形式的歧视。如同现存种种状况使个人变得更为脆弱,对人权尊重不足使整个社会更为不堪一击。一人有难,人人受累。歧视、排斥和其他侵犯人权行为伤及所有人。

     

    The second is: reduce widespread inequalities. Universal social protection, universal health coverage, and other systems for the delivery of fundamental rights are not luxuries. They keep societies standing and can shape a more equitable future.

     

    二:减少普遍存在的不平等。全民社会保障、全民健康覆盖以及其他实现基本权利的制度,均非奢侈品。它们帮助保持社会稳定,并能塑造更加公平的未来。

     

    Third: encourage participation, especially from young people. All voices have a right to be heard.

     

    三:鼓励参与,尤其是青年人的参与。所有人都有权得到倾听。

     

    Fourth: increase and intensify our resolve and efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, a concrete agenda for universal human rights.

     

    四:增强决心、加紧努力,实现可持续发展目标这项力求普遍落实人权的具体议程。

     

    These are not just the right things to do – they are the smart things to do.

     

    这些不仅是正确之举,也是明智之举。

     

    And there is only one way they can be done: by standing up for human rights. Because human rights yield fair and resilient societies. They are the answer to this human crisis.

     

    达成目标的唯一途径是:挺身维护人权。

     

    Like the climate emergency, COVID-19 reminds us that we are bound together as one humanity.

     

    2019 冠状病毒病就如同气候紧急事件,让我们认识到人类休戚与共。

     

    We must act.

     

    我们必须采取行动。

     

    Working together, we can recover better.

     

    共同努力,我们能够复苏并超越从前。

     

    With strong solidarity, we can build a world that is more resilient, sustainable and just.

     

    通过紧密团结,我们能够建设一个更富有韧性、可持续和公平的世界。

     

    Join me in standing up for human rights.

     

    你我携手,维护人权。

    资源下载此资源仅限VIP下载,请先登录
    虚拟货币,支付后概不退回。
    weinxin
    英文巴士公众号
    扫一扫,资讯早。
    • 版权声明 本文源自 OHCHR , 整理 发表于 2020年12月10日01:47:36