Since the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC) in 2012, the CPC Central Committee with Xi Jinping at the core has pursued sustainable development and a strategy of eco-conservation in building socialism with Chinese characteristics in the new era. It has created new theories, practices and institutional mechanisms and put forward a host of new ideas and new strategies, giving rise to Xi Jinping thought on eco-civilization. This is an important component of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era. It captures the innovative theories and practices of the central leadership on the governance of China, in particular in eco-environmental protection and conservation, and provides fundamental principles and guidance for action in the new era.文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/13632.html
To provide a brief summary of Xi Jinping thought on eco-civilization, the Foreign Environmental Cooperation Center under the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, together with the Research Institute for Eco-civilization under the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, the Academy of Translation and Interpretation under China International Communications Group, and the China Center for International Communication Development, have the pleasure of sharing with all interested parties at home and abroad the Study Materials on Eco-civilization in the New Era, with the aim of promoting mutual exchanges and learning.文章源自英文巴士-https://www.en84.com/13632.html
1. China will remain committed to eco-environmental conservation. As I have said many times, we should never grow the economy at the cost of resource depletion and environmental degradation, which is like draining a pond to get fish; nor should we sacrifice growth to protect the environment, which is like climbing a tree in search of fish. Guided by our philosophy that lucid waters and lush mountains are invaluable assets, China has carried out holistic conservation and systematic governance of its mountains, rivers, forests, farmlands, lakes, grasslands and deserts. We do everything we can to conserve the eco-environment, intensify pollution prevention and control, and improve the living and working environment for our people. China is now putting in place the world’s largest national park system. Last year, we successfully hosted COP15 to the Convention on Biological Diversity, contributing China’s share to a clean and beautiful world.
– Special address by Chinese President Xi Jinping to the 2022 World Economic Forum virtual session on January 17, 2022
2. Since the 18th CPC National Congress in 2012, the Central Committee has put the new development philosophy in action, pursuing green and low-carbon development that prioritizes environmental protection. Marked progress has been made in powering the transition towards a green economy and society. We have established a sound economic structure that facilitates green, low-carbon, and circular development, adjusted the structure of industry and energy, launched the national carbon trading market, announced a halt to new coal-fired power plants overseas, accelerated the creation of a policy framework for peak carbon dioxide emissions and carbon neutrality, and actively participated in international negotiations on climate change.
All these efforts demonstrate China’s sense of responsibility as a major country.
We pursue the goals of peak carbon dioxide emissions and carbon neutrality not under compulsion but of our own accord. As we have entered a new stage of development, there is a serious need to achieve these goals, which will help to ease resource and environmental constraints and realize sustainable development. We must embrace technological advances, promote transformation and upgrading of the economic structure, meet the people’s growing expectation for a beautiful eco-environment, and promote harmony between humanity and nature. All of this derives from the need to take on our responsibility as a major country and build a global community of shared future.
In short, we must fully understand the importance of peak carbon dioxide emissions and carbon neutrality, and increase our confidence in meeting these goals.
– Chinese President Xi Jinping’s speech at the 36th group study session of the Political Bureau of the 19th CPC Central Committee on January 24, 2022
3. The Chinese nation has always cherished a respect and love for nature. I always place tackling climate change high on my agenda and have always highlighted that lucid waters and lush mountains are invaluable assets – a view that has become widely shared across China today. China has called on the whole of society to protect the eco-environment as we protect our eyes, and actively promote green development to build a beautiful China. China is conducting the largest-ever climate campaign. It has produced notable results and will continue to make a great difference.
– Chinese President Xi Jinping’s reply letter to the pupils in the Francis Holland School in April 2022
4. Our efforts to develop eco-civilization will benefit generations to come.
5. Lucid waters and lush mountains are invaluable assets.
6. The mountains, rivers, forests, farmlands, lakes, grasslands and deserts are part of the community of life.
7. If we do not fail nature, nature will never fail us.
8. A civilization may thrive if its natural surroundings thrive, and will suffer if its natural surroundings suffer.
9. To protect the environment is to protect the productive forces; to improve the environment is to boost the productive forces.
10. to respect, accommodate and protect nature
11. to protect the eco-environment as we protect our eyes, and cherish it as we cherish our own lives
12. A good eco-environment is a basic public good and offers most inclusive wellbeing.
13. Green development depends on every last one of us; its success hinges on our action and commitment.
14. Protecting the eco-environment is a major political issue concerning the mission and purpose of the CPC.
15. We will never seek economic growth at the expense of the environment.
16. to protect the eco-environment with the strictest institutions, regulations and laws
17. to leave a beautiful homeland with blue skies, green mountains and clean waters for future generations
18. Eco-environmental protection is indispensable for development.
19. to develop eco-civilization and provide more quality eco-products to meet the people’s growing expectation for a beautiful eco-environment
20. Lucid waters and lush mountains are not only natural and environmental resources; they are also social and economic assets.
21. To protect eco-environment is to protect nature’s value and increase its added value, and it is also a guarantee to the potential of future economic and social development.
22. As to resource utilization, we must take into consideration not only the needs of humans and of today, but also the needs of nature and of the future.
23. We must ensure managed exploitation within the bearing capacity of natural resources.
24. China will work with other countries to promote a good global eco-civilization and actively participate in global environmental governance.
26. a new era of eco-environmental progress under socialism
27. Xi Jinping thought on eco-civilization
28. Beautiful China
29. new development philosophy
30. high-quality development
31. sustainable development
32. green, low-carbon and circular development
33. eco-environmental revitalization
34. pollution prevention and control
35. the hardworking spirit of Saihanba afforestation workers
36. ecological red lines
37. the national park system
38. the eco-compensation system
39. energy revolution in rural areas
40. national pilot zones for eco-environmental conservation
41. the “water tower” of China
42. eco-conservation and high-quality development in the Yellow River Basin
43. the Yangtze River Economic Belt
44. a system for eco-civilization
45. peak carbon dioxide emissions and carbon neutrality
46. harmony between human and nature
47. a community of life for humanity and nature
48. a community of all life on Earth
49. the Global Development Initiative
50. a clean and beautiful world