14. China and France wish to continue to strengthen their good cooperation in the aeronautical field. The two heads of state invite Airbus and its Chinese partners to hold discussions for new cooperation on A330, A350 and A380. China, in line with the development needs of its air transport market, wishes to continue its purchase of Airbus aircraft on the basis of mutually beneficial and friendly negotiations with the French side. China and France are happy with the prospect of new contracts signing in the future.
15. China and France support cooperation in the fields of modern agroecology and food processing. Considering that the opening of markets for safe and quality products is in the interest of both China and France, they reaffirm the importance of facilitating trade in agri-food products based on international standards while respecting respective national legal procedures and intend to continue to deepen cooperation on quality control. Both sides attach great importance to the quarantine and inspection of French beef export to China. They agree to take it as a priority in their cooperation in the coming 6 months and make efforts to promote trade and guarantee safety. The Chinese side undertakes to grant approval to French pork and dairy products companies, particularly infant dairy products companies, which meet the requirements. China intends to continue its exchanges with the French side on the prevention and control of bird flu and to work to lift relevant embargo as soon as possible. China and France fully recognize the active role of the China-France Mixed Committee on Agriculture and Agri-Food in promoting agricultural cooperation, and will hold its fifth meeting in 2018 in France.
16. China and France intend to promote synergy between the “Made in China 2025” and “Industry of the Future” initiatives. They support the development of mutually beneficial cooperation between companies in both countries on a voluntary basis and in a spirit of equality, and the formulation of common norms and standards for the industry of tomorrow. They recognize the need to protect the confidentiality of sensitive data and trade secrets.
17. China and France intend to continue to deepen their cooperation in the fields of space science and technology and their applications. They wish to actively promote the development of the Chinese-French oceanographic and astronomical satellites with a view to launching them in good conditions and according to schedule. They are working to strengthen their cooperation on the joint study of climate change using space technologies and on space exploration.
18. China and France intend to continue to expand their cooperation in third-party markets by implementing the Joint Declaration between China and France on the Partnerships in Third-party Markets of June 2015.
19. France welcomes the Belt and Road Initiative. China and France agree to explore concrete cooperation projects based on the principle of mutual benefit.
20. China and France will strengthen their cooperation in the fields of educational, cultural and scientific exchanges in accordance with the joint declaration adopted on 24 November 2017 during the fourth China-France High-level Dialogue on People-to-people Exchanges. In particular, they will strive to develop their cooperation, through the exchange of expertise and training programs, to preserve and utilize heritage, a reflection of our cultural diversity. In this regard, both sides support the organizing of exhibitions and seminars by the Pompidou Center and the Museum of Fine Arts-West Bund in Shanghai. China and France are committed to exchanges and cooperation in terms of education, film and language on the basis of mutual benefit. China and France will continue to promote cooperation in higher education and support the two-way exchange of trainees through the “1,000 trainees” program. They agree to strengthen cooperation on innovation in all areas. They agree to hold a new session of the Joint Scientific and Technological Commission in order to define new priority themes for scientific exchanges as soon as possible.
21. In the context of the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games and the Paris 2024 Olympic Games, China and France undertake to conclude a declaration of intent and support the development of sports infrastructure and sharing of expertise in sports economics. They will use the 2018 China-EU Tourism Year to intensify their cooperation on tourism and further increase people’s exchanges in both directions between China and France.
22. The two heads of state welcome the creation of a China-France Hospital Alliance and the strengthening of the partnership on the theme of healthy aging. They decide to hold regular China-France health meetings from 2018 and encourage exchanges and cooperation between institutions and companies in the health sector. China and France will conduct advanced joint research on emerging infectious diseases, using the Wuhan P4 laboratory.
23. China and France are committed to better coordination between the different bilateral dialogues and smoother implementation of projects that involve multiple ministries or commissions. The two heads of state welcome the establishment of a regular dialogue on energy.
24. China and France agree to strengthen exchanges and cooperation in the legal and judicial fields on the basis of the principle of equality and decide to establish a dialogue mechanism in this area.
25. China and France stress the importance of security and defense dialogue through mutual visits of military authorities and high-level bilateral annual exchanges such as the dialogue on strategic defense issues.
26. The two heads of state welcome the establishment of a China-France Business Council and encourage its members to contribute their ideas to deepen the economic relationship and promote economic cooperation and trade between the two countries.
27. China and France stress the importance of the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms in accordance with the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations to the development of all countries. Both sides reaffirm the importance of continuing the dialogue and exchanges between China and the EU on human rights on the basis of equality and mutual respect.