1) develop a flourishing/thriving socialist culture in China
2) build China into a country with a thriving socialist culture
integrate the basic/underlying tenets of Marxism with China’s realities and the best of its traditional culture
the identity of the Chinese culture
1) cultural confidence and strength/development
2) have confidence in our culture and continue to develop it
1) adapt foreign cultures into the Chinese context
2) integrate foreign cultures with the Chinese culture
1) five defining characteristics of the Chinese civilization: continuity, creativity, unity, inclusiveness and peacefulness/non-confrontation
2) The Chinese civilization has five defining characteristics – it is uninterrupted, innovative, unified, inclusive and peaceful.
1) modern Chinese civilization
2) the modern civilization of the Chinese nation
a national-level demonstration zone for the cultural industry
1) Perseverance can move mountains.
2) the spirit of the old man who moved mountains with persistence
1) take confidence from history/boost confidence in our history, navigate the trends of the times, and follow the Chinese path
2) take confidence from history/boost confidence in our history, understand and respond to the trends of the times, and follow the Chinese path
1) cultural programs for public benefits
2) public cultural programs
1) State power relies on the people’s support.
2) With popular support, one governs with legitimacy; with lack of popular support, one is deprived of legitimacy in governance.
3) Those who win the people’s hearts win the country, and those who lose the people’s hearts lose the country.
1) Converging with others builds a mountain range or creates a mighty river.
2) Hills amass to create a high mountain; streams converge to create a mighty river.
Practice self-cultivation, maintain family harmony, conduct good governance, and guarantee peace.
The wise are free from perplexity, the virtuous from anxiety, and the brave from fear.
1) satisfy the people’s diverse, multilevel and multifaceted cultural needs
2) meet the broadest range of public needs in the cultural and intellectual sphere
1) amplify China’s voice on the international stage
2) make China’s voice better heard
1) strengthen the country’s cultural soft power
2) build up/strengthen China’s cultural soft power
1) Stay on the right course without following the beaten track; respect traditions but not obsolete/outdated practices.
2) Uphold fine traditions but not/eschew obsolete practices, and respect ancient wisdom but not/eschew antiquated thinking.
Global Civilizations Initiative (GCI)
1) a new model for human progress
2) a new form of human advancement
1) a sense of national identity
2) the sense of the Chinese nation as one single community
1) Chinese civilization with unity in diversity
2) the hallmark of Chinese civilization: unity in diversity
1) stand together in times of adversity
2) reach out to help each other
1) the principle of achieving shared growth through consultation and collaboration in global governance
2) a vision of global governance to deliver benefits for all through consultation and collaboration